REDEFINING YOUR EYE CARE EXPERIENCE WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AT MODERNEYES OPTOMETRISTS.
The eye is one of the most complex systems in the human body. Each of your eyes is as unique as a fingerprint, and numerous elements must come together to provide you with perfect vision. Even the smallest imperfection can lead to visual discomfort. Our goal is to exceed your expectations by bringing you the latest technological advances in eye-care, and ModernEyes Optometrists do so by using the following state-of-the-art technology: -
iProfiler: - The latest iProfiler technology from ZEISS allows us to customize a visual solution to provide our patients with the most clear and most comfortable vision possible. We analyse the individual profile of each of your eyes and use this data to provide a highly refined and specialized lens prescription called ZEISS iScription. This prescription is used to create lenses that are individually tailored to the unique characteristics of each eye — providing you with the absolute best vision possible.
Fundus Photography: - Involves capturing a digital image of the back of the eye (known as the fundus). We use a specialized fundus camera that consists of an intricate microscope attached to a flash enabled camera to capture the image. The main structures that can be visualized on a fundus photo are the central and peripheral retina and its blood vessels, the optic disc and the macula. We use this photo to screen for eye diseases (like glaucoma) and conditions that can affect blood vessels (like diabetes and high blood pressure), as well as to monitor any changes that might be occurring.
iTerminal: - With the latest iTerminal technology from ZEISS, we are able to determine the exact optimal position of your personal prescription lenses within your chosen frame, calculated to an accuracy of 1/10th of a millimetre. This unique centration process guarantees 100-percent performance from your ZEISS precision lenses. With this technology, we can avoid typical fitting errors that can reduce effectiveness by more than 40 percent. You can look forward to vastly improved, more relaxed vision.
Digital Phoropter: - An automated/digital phoropter is an ophthalmic device that we use during an eye examination to aid in the determination of a patient’s prescription for glasses and contact lenses. Some advantages of a digital phoropter vs. manual refraction equipment are as follows: -
- More automation of repetitive tasks in the refraction.
- Ability to present former and new values quickly for validation. Also allows for a rapid vision comparison between the old prescription, the computerised test, and the refined prescription.
- The LCD screen provides better contrast of letters against background than the older “projector and screen” type equipment, and allows for contrast sensitivity testing which is useful in the early detection of cataracts.
- Includes the widest range of test charts available to prevent repetitiveness and memorising.
- Reduced risk of human error - people are often afraid of “making a mistake” during their eye test – this type of specialised equipment allows us to make the test more concise and accurate in fewer steps.